Error Prevention at the Source - Proportional Valve with On-Board Electronics
OBE (On-Board Electronics) is the direct and best way to correct a nonlinear behavior of your valve. The sensor and electronics on the valve body implement a control loop at the front line of the system. Mechanical tolerances, friction, hysteresis and wear no longer cause failures in the movement of the drive. For a modern machine monitoring, the sensor information can also be sent to the main controller.
Advantages of implementing the proportional technology
Efficiency, speed, accuracy, low hysteresis, repeatability and the chance to adapt the control are the main benefits of introducing proportional technology in hydraulic applications. ARGO-HYTOS valves, combined with advanced electronics, are capable of meeting the demands posed by a large variety of stationary and mobile applications.
ARGO-HYTOS develops and manufactures proportional valves to provide its customers the chance to take full advantage of the benefits of proportional technology.
The new directional valves PRM9-06 and PRM9-10 with advanced electronics, design of the mechatronic parts along with a robust design make this possible.
- Available in two sizes 06 - (D03) and 10 (D05), ISO 4401
- Spool and process feedback
- OBE digital electronics for integrated control loops with high dynamic response
- Spool position feedback reduces hysteresis
- Used for position and speed control of hydraulic actuators, among others
- Complies with shock & vibration, EMC, IP, climate / temperature environment demands
- Robust design / reduced wiring / high corrosion protection
- High hydraulic power limits and smooth running characteristic
- Steady performance in different working conditions
- Optional: Fieldbus access / communication, CANopen connectivity
Advantages and Benefits:
- One solution for several command signals - parameterization within one valve version
- User-friendly interfaces (LED, µUSB)
- Easy to handle software
- Optical feedback of valve status through three LEDs
- Enhanced surface protection for mobile sector available (ISO 9227, 520 h salt spray)
- Excellent shock and vibration behavior