Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative
ARGO-HYTOS India promotes security and education
As part of ARGO-HYTOS' Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative - after exploring a number of options - ARGO-HYTOS India finally decided to focus their efforts on the area of “Safety“ and “Education“.
"Why should we not start by creating a better learning environment for disadvantaged children? With this in mind, we decided to “adopt” a state primary school, Sandegoundenpalayam, which is located near our Coimbatore plant." says Shrikant Shankardas Bairagi, Managing Director of ARGO-HYTOS India. To date various activities in this school have been carried out, such as:
- Distribution of school uniforms, bags, shoes, water bottles, ties etc. to each student
- Recognition of academic excellence by awarding certificates and medals
- Repair and maintenance of roofs & buildings
- Design, development and production of a project storyboard to present the students’ project work
- Inauguration of the “Smart Classroom” (digital classroom)
Mr. Bairagi: "At every event, a smile is seen on the lips of every child. This joy is invaluable."
A number of other activities are already being planned with the aim of improving the school environment and providing students with a supportive and participative learning atmosphere.
ARGO-HYTOS would like to thank all employees and partners for their efforts, support and encouragement in this project.