ARGO-HYTOS GMBH steps into the future with “Smart L.E.A.F”!
The ground-breaking ceremony for the new filter element plant has taken place in Kraichtal, Germany.
On 29.05.2019 the ARGO-HYTOS GMBH, together with invited guests and its own employees, turned the first sod for the extension in Kraichtal. The ARGO-HYTOS filter element factory "SMART L.E.A.F." will be completed by summer 2020.
SMART LEAF stands for a smart digital filter element factory built according to lean production methods. The name says it all. The transformation of today's manufacturing into SMART L.E.A.F. is carried out in three stages.
- Digitization of processes and technologies
- Physical digitization of manufacturing facilities
- Full integration of the entire value chain
Statements of the management:
- Jörg Stech, Managing Director at ARGO-HYTOS GMBH: "ARGO-HYTOS GMBH has a long history in Kraichtal and we are pleased to be able to strengthen Germany as a production location. We really appreciate what we have here and thank all the parties who have made the expansion possible for us. We are particularly proud that with SMART L.E.A.F. we digitize the entire value chain and open up new exciting fields of activity for our employees. With this step, we assert our claim to innovation not only in our products, but also in our processes.”
- Dr. Marcus Fischer, COO of the ARGO-HYTOS Group: "Our production workshops set the pace for our company and I am delighted that we are expanding the orchestra here and now. The location in Germany stands for high competence in innovation and production technology.”
- Christian H. Kienzle, CEO of the ARGO-HYTOS Group: "ARGO-HYTOS GMBH is pursuing ambitious growth targets and I am sure that we will achieve these goals, among other things, by strengthening the Kraichtal site. Being anchored in Germany is important not only because of our long association with Kraichtal, but also because of our employees, who help us every day with their work and their know-how.”
This investment allows ARGO-HYTOS GMBH to increase its capacity for production, assembly and logistics by approx. 50% and to affirm its commitment to Germany as a manufacturing and development location. The current plant employs around 500 people and generates a turnover of 100 million euros.
For initial information on the extension in Kraichtal, please refer to our press release of July 2018.