History of HYTOS
2014 Meeting of business directors from the Association of Engineering Technology at ARGO-HYTOS in Vrchlabí
2013 Development of product line of cartridge valves with UNF thread was completed
2011 Completion of modular manifold RPEK1-03 development
2010 Opening of new prototype shop
2008 Completion of plant expansion in the Czech Republic.
ARGO-HYTOS Company Day in the context of the Czech Association for Hydraulics and Pneumatics
July 2008 Open Day
ARGO-HYTOS – We produce fluid power solutions
01.06.2007 Conversion of the joint stock company to a limited liability company, the ARGO-HYTOS s.r.o.
16.03.2007 Ribbon cutting ceremony of the new production hall
2006 New slip-in valve series
14.07.2006 Ground-breaking new building Extension of the production area for about 6000 sqm with high rack storage area and logistics center
2005 New series of screw-in valves with 3/4“-16 UNF-2 screw thread
2004 New solenoid operated directional valve NG 10
About 350 employees, turnover 24,8 mill. EUR
2003 Change of name to ARGO-HYTOS a.s.
Merging of the distribution company FSP Fluid Systems Partners GmbH with the production company ARGO GmbH for fluid technology, at the same time change of name to ARGO-HYTOS GMBH for the merged company
Open day at ARGO-HYTOS a.s.
10 years part of the FSP-Group
From a manufacturer of components to a system provider
2002 Certification of the production area Automotive according to ISO/TS 16949
Solenoid control valve NG3 – large breaking capacity on smallest space
2001 Extension by prototypes factory
2000 Proportional directional control valve PRM
1999 Extension by thermal burring
1998 Acquirement of rights of sale for screw-in valves from Integrated Hydraulics Ltd., Great Britain by FSP for the countries Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Benelux
1997 Formation of the subsidiary Hytos Ostrava-Vítkovice spol. s.r.o. by acquisition of VÍTKOVICE - Hydraulika a pneumatika s.r.o. with more than 30 years of experience in project planning and supply of hydraulic systems for divers industries
1996 40 years hydraulics about 320 employees, turnover: about 19 mill. DM
Investment in Varia spol s.r.o, Trutnov, manufacturer of solenoid coils amongst others
Gear control for ZF / AGCO Fendt (for torque-split gears)
Start of the product line screw-in valves
Continuous advancement of the wide program of valves, power units and system blocks in all current types and functions as well as proportional valves with the corresponding control electronics.
A main focus is the development of customized solutions, relying on approved basic technologies and specifically aligned with the respective demands of the customer.
1995 Formation of the FSP-Holding, Switzerland, and FSP Fluid Systems Partner GmbH, Germany, a sales company of HYTOS a.s. and ARGO GmbH
Construction of the new incoming goods department
Extension of the effective area
Privatization and formation of HYTOS a.s.
1994 Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001 as one of the first companies in the Czech Republic
President Dr. Ing. Pavel Bergmann, supervisory board chairman Christian H. Kienzle
Start of production of Private Label Valve NG 6 for Denison Hydraulics, USA
Licence agreement with Binder Co., Germany, for production of a novel solenoid for NG 6 valves
07.07.1993 About 370 employees, turnover: about 3 mill. DM
Start of the distribution of hydraulic filters and filter solutions of ARGO GmbH for fluid technology, Germany
1993 Sale of FAG-shareholder interests to the FSP-Group and to Ulbrich-Holding, Austria
Production of small power units for matching ramps
25.08.1992 Dr.Ing. Pavel Bergmann becomes first director and supervisory board chairman
20.07.1992 Privatisation of the national corporate group and formation of HYTOS a.s. Vrchlabí as Joint Venture of TOS HYDRAULIKA a.s. Vrchlabí and FAG Kugelfischer Georg Schäfer AG (70% FAG, 30% Czech State)
1992 Implementation of the proportional directional control valves PRL1 und PRL2
From a machine building group to a manufacturer of hydraulics
1991 Change of corporate form to a joint stock company, the TOS HYDRAULIKA a.s. Vrchlabí
1989 After the „Velvet Revolution“ change of name to TOS HYDRAULIKA s.p. Vrchlabí
1984 Completion of the new building (tracts of the today’s building of ARGO-HYTOS s.r.o.)
1982 Extension of the product range by servo cylinders.
These were awarded by a gold medal on the industrial fair ROBOT 1982 in Brünn
1981 Further increase of the performance data, hydraulic components up to 250 and 320 bar
1980 Change of corporate form to TOS Rakovník k.p., závod Vrchlabí
1979 Start of the new building in the open countryside
Construction of a new administration building and production area
1974 Change of name to TOS Rakovník n.p., závod Vrchlabí
1973 First NC-machine
1971 Extension of the production programme and increase of the performance data, now pressures up to 160 bar (pumps, hydraulic motors, valves, power units, servo systems)
1968 First production of complete hydraulic units for the whole Czechoslovakian machine tool industry („ZH“ production on order)
1959 Two-stage pilot controlled valve JHRMT, later on SV4 and SV6
1958 Change of name to Nářadí n.p. Praha, závod 050 Vrchlabí
1956 Beginning of production of hydraulic valves and pumps up to 63 bar
1953 Change of name to TOS Vrchlabí n.p.
1950 Subsidiary of the Czechoslovakian machine building group TOS (until 1992) TOS Čelákovice n.p., závod Vrchlabí
Production of universal lathes (until 1956)
1945 – 1947 State Administration
Production of bearings and gears (until 1953)
1942 Re-conversion for war purposes into an engine works
Production for the arms industry, Company Friedrich Stolzenberg Berlin, aviation technology and the compagnies Efesko and Jungty
1939 Occupation, conversion of the textile plant into a factory belonging to the chemical industries
1851 – 1939 Textile plant W. Jerie, the plant was bought in 1851 by Willibald Jerie and altered to a textile plant
1772 – 1851 Paper Mill Ettel, in 1772 Gabriel Ettel bought the plant from the widow of Johan Kiesling
1695 Acquisition of the plant by Tobiáš Kiesling
1667 Formation of the first paper mill in Vrchlabí by Krištof Weisz, mayor in Lánov, on the ground of today’s ARGO-HYTOS s.r.o.